Help for Asthma in Bellevue & Redmond
Asthma is not so much "treated" as it is "controlled". As a chronic, long-term disease, there is no cure. However, there are tools and medicines Bel-Red Internal Medicine can give you to help you control asthma as well as benchmarks to gauge your progress.
The Peak Flow Meter
A peak flow meter is a simple, small, hand-held tool that can help you maintain control of asthma by providing a measurement of how well air moves out of the lungs. After blowing into the device, the meter reveals your peak flow number. A physician will indicate how often to test as well as how to interpret the result to determine the amount of medication to take. Some people record scores every morning while others use the peak flow meter intermittently. Often, each test with the peak flow meter will be judged against your "personal best" peak flow number (found during 2 to 3 weeks of good asthma control). If peak flow tests begin to decline - even before other symptoms are present - it may indicate a looming asthma attack. After taking asthma medication, the peak flow meter can be used to test the effectiveness of drug therapy.
Asthma is considered "well-controlled" if:
- Chronic and troublesome symptoms are prevented and occur no more than 2 days per week.
- There is little need for quick-relief medicines or they are needed less than 2 days per week.
- You maintain good lung function.
- Your activity level remains normal.
- Your sleep level remains normal and symptoms do not regularly wake you from sleep.
- You do not need emergency medical treatment.
- You have no more than one asthma attack each year that requires inhalation of corticosteroids.
- Your peak flow stays above 80% of your personal best number.
These benchmarks can be obtained by working with a physician at Bel-Red Internal Medicine and avoiding factors that can make your asthma flare up. Also be sure to treat other conditions that may interfere with asthma management.
If you need help with your asthma or the asthma of a loved one, give our specialists a call and we can set you up with an appointment to find out how we can best help your situation.
Bel-Red Internal Medicine, PLLC - Asthma Relief
Redmond Primary Care
Our Bellevue & Redmond primary care physicians and nurses service local King County patients with complete knowledge and expertise. The experience of our primary care staff sets us apart. We specialize in primary care, physicals, pap smears, vaccines, sports injuries, thyroid screening, sinus infection, depression, blood pressure treatment, weight management, heatburn, travel medicine, asthma, allergies, prostate exams, cholesterol management, Restylane, Botox, skin biopsies and more!
Bel-Red Internal Medicine, PLLC is committed to providing our patients with the finest quality primary care services with professionalism and attention to detail. We take care of each patient’s needs from start to finish and are available around the clock to answer any questions you may have or clarify anything about your medical care. We are there for you.
- Bellevue/Redmond Quality Primary Care
- Testosterone & B12 Injections
- In-House Blood Draws & EKG
- Suturing for Wounds
- Dermatology: Acne, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Rashes, Moles
- Stomach & Colon Problems
- Stress Management
- Adult & Family Medicine
- Patient Education
- Women's Health: Birth Control, Menopause
- Acute & Chronic Illnesses
- Preventative Care
Professional & Experienced Bellevue/Redmond Primary Care Physician
When you’re living in Bellevue or Redmond, Washington or the surrounding regions, trust your primary care needs to the caring professionals at Bel-Red Internal Medicine, PLLC.
It is our goal to help you keep up with the latest information regarding your health and well being as well as serve as your advocate in navigating adult and family medicine as well as preventative care and health maintenance. Indeed, you will find a noticeable difference at Bel-Red Internal Medicine in providing you and your family with personalized care.
Benefits of Working with Bel-Red Internal Medicine, PLLC
- Received America's Top Physicians Award Four Years In A Row.
- Receipient of the Patient's Choice Award. Every one of our physicians and nurses provides you with quality medical care.
- A caring and compassionate staff that creates a comfortable customer service experience.
- Minimal Waiting Time.
- We're close. Wherever you live, we're just moments away.